Parker Solar Probe Data Policy
As part of the development of collaboration with the broader Heliophysics community, the mission has drafted a “Rules of the Road” to govern how PSP instrument data is used.
- The PI shall make all scientific data products available to the public, as stated in the PSP Science Data Management Plan.
- Users should consult with the PI to discuss the appropriate use of instrument data or model results and to ensure that the Users are accessing the most recent available versions of the data and analysis routines. Instrument team SOCs and/or VOs should facilitate this process, serving as the contact point between PI and users in most cases.
- Users should heed the caveats of investigators to the interpretation and limitations of data or model results. Investigators supplying data or models may insist that such caveats be published. Data and model version numbers should also be specified.
- Browse products, Quicklook and Planning data are not intended for science analysis or publication and should not be used for those purposes without consent of the PI.
- Users should acknowledge the sources of data used in all publications, presentations, and reports.
" We acknowledge the NASA Parker Solar Probe Mission and [instrument name] team led by [PI Name] for use of data.” [FIELDS: S. D. Bale, IS☉IS: D. J. McComas, SWEAP: J. Kasper, WISPR: R. A. Howard]
- Users are encouraged to provide the PI a copy of each manuscript that uses the PI’s data prior to submission of that manuscript for consideration of publication. On publication the citation should be transmitted to the PI and any other providers of data.